Here's some quick stats for my Sitecore related activity during 2014:
- 18 blog posts averaging approx. 1000 views per month
- More than 1500 tweets mentioning Sitecore (often shared multiple times to the wider community).
- 62 StackOverflow answers to Sitecore questions
- Ranked 15th “all time Sitecore answerer” on Stack Overflow.
- Contributed over 150 posts to the Sitecore Developer Network forum (a ‘Top 50’ Contributor).
- Repeatedly flagged a ‘Top contributor’ in the ‘Sitecore’ and ‘Sitecore Developers’ groups on Linkedin.
- 2 presentations at Sitecore user groups
- 1 webinar hosted in conjunction with Sitecore.
The MVP award recognises technical expertise, but that isn't the focus and isn't the reason I'm proud to receive it. Instead, it's about fostering a lively and active network of Sitecore professionals, ready to help and encourage each other.
When I'm stuck on a Sitecore problem, I know there are hundreds of other devs willing to share their knowledge and experience. That's a really positive atmosphere to work in and is part of what makes Sitecore development so rewarding.
Thank you Sitecore and congratulations to all those who also received the award this year.