Insert Options restrict what type of items that you can add as the child of an another item.
Configure Insert Options for an item
- Select the the in the content editor tree.
- Switch to the "Configure" tab.
- Select "Assign" from the "Insert Options" section of the ribbon.
- You should see a dialog box displaying the Templates node of the Sitecore tree. Select the templates that you want to be insert options for the current item.
Other Resources about Insert Options
- John West - All About Insert Options in the Sitecore ASP.net CMS
- Geek Hive - How to Configure Insert Options in Sitecore CMS
- Another of my posts - The Sitecore Insert Options Loophole
- Mark Stiles - Site Specific Insert Option Rules For Sitecore
- The Inside Corner - Insert Options
- Bill Dinger - Change Insert Options with Sitecore Powershell